Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thank you God for fruit!

Tonight, while we were at a new student orientation for our daughter (Anika), they had a dessert bar.  On it was rows of cookies and cakes, which I expected.  But I was pleasantly surprised to see that someone took the time to cut up fresh fruit and put them in little bowls.  How cool is that?!  And it wasn't the syrupy canned kind or the frozen never-really-got-ripe kind.  It was the real thing!  Lots of fresh cut watermelon, sweet green grapes, sliced red strawberries, and juicy cantaloupe.  What a refreshing dessert!  It was so nice to have a real-food option.  Thank you to whomever takes care of the "weird" people like me in situations like that.  It just makes me feel like I can blend in a lot better.  Ha!  And I'll take care of you too, whenever I can.

No comments: