Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Soft Drop Sugar Cookies

My dad and I like to plan the menu for any of our big family gatherings.  He was the first person in my life to show me the joys of cooking.  So, for this Christmas, he delegated the desserts to me.  And by the way, I can't wait to see my sisters!!!  To experiment for the upcoming festivities, my kids and I made a batch of soft drop sugar cookies tonight... which we made half-way healthy.  I striped the tops of each cookie with melted dark Wilbur chocolate, and everyone was suddenly happy just looking at them... and ecstatic eating them.  
Here ya go!

Mix wet ingredients.  Mix dry ingredients.  Mix them all together with electric mixer.  Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking stone or cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 8 min.

1 c. butter (soft)
2 eggs
1/2 c. plain whole milk yogurt
1/2 c. whole milk 
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. agave nectar
1 squirt of liquid stevia extract
1/2 c. granulated organic sugar or raw (I used granulated fructose)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sprouted organic wheat flour
2 and 1/4 c. unbleached organic white flour (I used the kind that has the germ added back in)

Enjoy!! 

No comments: