Sunday, February 26, 2012

Teaching Others

  • I started home schooling my oldest daughter and coaching girls varsity basketball almost at the same time about 3 months ago. Both went well, but made for a big challenge to my little brain. Since I've never home schooled or coached, I had to learn two new skills at the same time. Our basketball season just ended yesterday at our 2nd district game. It was very exciting! I've been feeding the basketball team on game days because eating together is fun and I believe that they will play to the level that they are fueled (physically, emotionally, and spiritually). Meals have pretty much been made in the same vessel. Over the past 3 months, I've found that if it can't be made in a crockpot, I didn't make it. :) I also purchased a rice maker (for rice and quinoa) and had many meals consisting of chicken and quinoa, tacos, chicken corn soup, chili and rice, etc. Everything I made was gluten-free because I need that for my own diet...and the girls basketball team liked everything just fine. Teenagers sometimes get a bad reputation for wanting nothing but junk food, but I see a lot of teenagers who truly want healthy bodies and are willing to be led in the right direction. They in turn lead others. They are worth it.

No comments: