Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My favorite lunch right now

One of my favorite stands for lunch-to-go is called "Lettuce Toss Salad" at Lancaster Central Market.  It's along the short wall closest to the Lancaster Dispensing Company.   http://www.centralmarketlancaster.com/directory/view/lettuce-toss-salad
They pack in so many tiny-cut fresh ingredients into your salad bowl, it's amazing.  The first time I ordered a salad there, I thought for sure the woman wouldn't be able to fit anything in the bowl past the huge bed of spring greens and spinach... but as I called out my ingredients, she just kept stuffing them in... generous portions of fresh tomatos, celery, cucumbers, hard-boiled eggs, shredded cabbage, carrots, beets, chick peas, edamame, sunflower seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, olives, parmesan cheese, etc... densely packed into a clear plastic bowl with a lid.  I like to get a big bowl, and eat a salad every day for 3 days from it.  What a treat that they do all the washing and chopping for you.  My body feels happy on this food!     

No comments: