Thursday, September 10, 2009

Packing a healthy lunchbox

Another great website here... check it out for creative ideas for packing your own healthy lunch box or your kids' lunch boxes.  They even sell lunch boxes that are specially designed for healthy foods (meaning they have lots of compartments for foods that need to touch the ice pack).  I love it!  http://www.laptoplunches.com/ideas.html

Also, I am reading an excellent book by Ann Cooper and Lisa Holmes called Lunch Lessons, Changing the Way We Feed Our Kids... I especially recommend it if you're interested in learning why your school serves the food that they do for hot lunches and/or if you want to influence change for healthier hot lunches.  

I am hoping that we have found a great answer to our hot lunch needs (healthy catering) at the small school where my kids attend, but I'll wait to try the lunches myself before I post the reviews.   Have a great day!
Amy

No comments: