Monday, February 15, 2010

Thank you everybody!

Hi old friends and new friends,
Thanks for all your smiles and excitement about the article in the Lancaster newspaper on Saturday morning (LancMoms section).  My kids and I had fun reading it too!  Many of you told me that you were inspired to keep on trying new things in pursuit of good health and I'm right there with you.  

Over the past week, I've been researching nutrition data for the whole food (technically a grass) called sugar cane.  There's some good mineral content in there.  Since I don't have access to fresh cane juice, except via mail order, I also wanted to know nutrition data on sugar cane's evaporated states: rapadura, sucanat, evaporated cane juice, molasses, turbinado, demerara, brown sugar, white sugar, etc.  and how much (if any) of these retained the  God-given nutrients of calcium, potassium, magnesium, etc... found in the fresh cut cane.  I'm fascinated.  And I'll write about my findings soon.  You can purchase any of these at natural food stores.

I made one of my most favorite winter treats for supper tonight: ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES.  I mentioned this before, but just had to pay honor to these flavorful nutrient-dense morsels once again.  My baking stone was blossoming with color when I stacked it up with raw cubed beets, carrots, brussel sprouts, and sweet potatos that were dipped in olive oil.  I salted it with celtic sea salt and baked at 400 for about 30-40min.  Simple.  Delicious.  God-food is amazing.  P.S. I know that brussel sprouts grow above ground... but the rest are roots.  :)

Keep drinking pure water.  
Amy

No comments: