Monday, March 29, 2010

Know The Cause

Wow, this website is really really good... it's www.knowthecause.com
I'm learning a lot of new things here. And I'm currently following the "phase one" diet. If you have any symptoms that could be related to fungi in your body, then maybe you want to join me in this new endeavor. I'm no expert, but I'll tell my personal fungus story just in case it can help someone else. I've had a stubborn toenail fungus for at least the past 3 years, and I've tried a lot of techniques to get rid of it. I've tried soaking my big toes in peroxide each night for 3 months, I've tried taking tea tree oil and oil of oregano, I've tried soaking in vinegar. No, I didn't try windex. Hee, hee! And I've also tried two rounds (3 months each) of oral prescription medication from my medical doctor, complete with liver function blood tests at the end of both rounds to check for unwanted side effects (none present). And none of these attempts worked. Nothing changed it. It just kept progressing with a life of it's own. This led me to a podiatrist last summer who recommended that I schedule a procedure to get my 2 big toenails removed. Hmmmm.... what would you do? I cringed and made very surprised and confused facial expressions at the podiatrist as he showed me the little tools he'd use to pry and "pop off the nails," as he put it. My mouth stayed open for awhile because I just didn't expect to hear that remedy. And so I've been contemplating it ever since. Yes, I'm chicken. And it seems like forever that I've been searching for the cause and solution to my problem of yellowing thickening dying toenails. Well, I think I'm finally on to something. We'll see. Get on this website and listen to the 3 minute video. You might hear something that speaks to you. In my case, it sounds probable that there's a fungi problem on the inside causing the fungi manifestation on the outside. So, I'm going to try to starve the fungi by avoiding most all sugars, starches, dairy, yeast, and mushrooms for awhile. I don't know how long, yet. I think it takes 3 or 4 months for new toenails to grow, so I'm looking for external evidence as I seek internal cleansing. Meanwhile, I am enjoying lots of vegetables, clean meats, butter, coconut oil, eggs, grapefruit, chamomile tea, many herbs, homemade chicken and beef stocks for various sauces, reductions, and stews, lemonade made with stevia, almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc. It's a whole new way of doing things for me. We'll see what happens. I'm being vulnerable in telling you of my hopes before I see the results. I also just started using calcium bentonite clay as an external treatment and this is the only thing that I've ever seen visibly change my condition. It seems like it is drying it up and drawing out the fungus.... but I can't be sure until I see two new healthy toenails. I'm looking forward to that day!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I agree with your plan of action and hope that you will be able tofight this from the inside out! It may be restrictive for awhile but let's hope that you'll see relief soon so you don't have to head back to that podiatrist!!

Amy said...

Thanks Andrea. The plan seems a lot like the GAPS diet. I enjoyed some baked butternut squash with coconut oil and butter recently (and thought of you). I am buying more vegetables than I have ever bought in my life. That part feels good.