Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coconut Flour Pancakes

Happy spring time! This morning I made coconut flour pancakes for breakfast. My kids loved them with maple syrup. I ate them with a thin glazing of raw honey topped with raspberries. Coconut flour is high in fiber, low in digestible carbohydrates, high in protein, and gluten-free. It is twice as expensive as wheat flour, but you use half as much of it in any recipe. My pancake recipe called for only 2 TBSP. coconut flour and 4 eggs, etc. I am in the midst of learning a lot about what to eat while avoiding wheat and most starches. It's been challenging, but I'm finally excited about it. My body is finally over the shock of going off wheat and starches cold-turkey. I felt tired and foggy for 4 days while my body adjusted, and now I feel really great with renewed energy and vision. I'm learning that amaranth, buckwheat, and quinoa are seeds/grains which are highest in protein and lowest in gluten... so they are great alternatives to wheat, corn, and potatos which convert very quickly to sugar in the body. I am not against wheat, corn, and potatos... but I am on a mission right now to cleanse my body from anything that could promote fungus or yeast. Sugars and starches feed fungus and yeast. See a great website www.knowthecause.com if you are struggling with any ailment in your body that you can't seem to find a solution for.

No comments: