Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 28

I'm on Day 28 of the anti-fungal diet, and I'm feeling strong. I thought that eating taco salad with out the tortilla and cheese would devastate the meal, but I was surprised that it tasted great because the romaine lettuce, spinach, grape tomatos, sour cream, salsa, and spiced bison burger were so flavorful. I browned the meat with onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, and paprika.... simmered in a little water to bring it together. Fabulous!

When I started this "way of eating" I quickly realized that while I'm fasting from grains, lactose, sugars, etc... I need to replace those sweet flavors with more complex and interesting flavors in order to feel satisfied. I never really liked spicy foods before this, and now I'm actually enjoying them because I'm craving a larger variety of flavors all around.

You can find more information at www.knowthecause.com

No comments: